The 3rd Annual Anacortes Open Streets will be happening this Sunday from 11am to 3pm in downtown Anacortes. Downtown will be cleared of cars and opened to bicyclists, walkers, strollers, and skaters…non-motorized movers of all types.
This year’s event promises to be bigger, more inclusive, and more entertaining than ever.
- Downtown businesses and restaurants will be open
- There will be a variety of displays, demonstrations and informational booths
- New this year is Buskerfest…a joint effort of the Anacortes Arts Festival and the Anacortes Dept. of Parks and Recreation; Buskerfest will provide a number of street performers at several locations throughout the Open Streets route. The performers will be competing for a best in show prize to be voted upon by the viewing public.
- Also new is Piano Cortes…several donated pianos that have been painted by local artists and placed at downtown venues. These pianos are available for anyone to stop and play as the mood may strike them.
- End of Summer Family Water War
- Adaptive Ride for Parkinson’s Patients (starts at NW ESD building)
- Classic Bicycle Show
- Food trucks
This is your chance to come out and enjoy downtown Anacortes in a unique manner. It becomes a “linear park” for the day, open to all… so come on down to have a great time!
Open Streets is organized by the Anacortes Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee. The City of Anacortes, Tesoro, Anacortes Parks Foundation, Island Hospital, Skagit Regional Health, ACME Creative, and the Skagit Bicycle Club sponsor this event.