The Library is cancelling or postponing all library-sponsored programs, but remains open every day.
The Anacortes Public Library will be cancelling/postponing all library-sponsored programs with an anticipated large attendance for the rest of March. In light of recommendations from the Skagit County Board of Commissioners, and the Skagit County Board of Health, the library is taking this proactive step to postpone all events and gatherings for large groups of people (more than 10). Our community’s safety is our first priority, and after reviewing all best recommendations from experts, the following programs are cancelled/postponed.
Postponed to be rescheduled at a later date:
Wednesday Night Adult Programs*
- 3/11 Climate Change Demystified
- 3/18 Washington’s Undiscovered Feminists: WA Humanities
- 3/25 Museum Series: Chinese in the Early NW
Manieri Jazz Programs
- 3/19 Ron Jones: Jazz Lecture Series
Weekly Programs Cancelled through March 31st
- Monday Pre-School Storytime
- Wednesday Baby Storytime
- Wednesday Music & Movement
- Wednesday Be Creative Crafts (except 3/11/20)
- Friday Time for Tots
- Saturday Open Play
- Sunday Lego Open Play
We know these are some of your favorite programs, they’re ours too. Because of their popularity, we want to avoid large gatherings at the library at this time. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure the safety of all people as they continue to use the library.
The library remains open every day. For those of you that choose to stay home, this is a great time to check out our online resources, which are available 24/7 anytime you want to access library resources remotely. For the month of March, we have extended the individual checkout limits on Hoopla items from 5 to 10 items. Take advantage of instant checkouts from home this month!
- Hoopla: More than 600,000 Audiobooks, eBooks, Movies, Music, and TV in one app with no wait time.
- Libby/Overdrive: Thousands of Audiobooks & eBooks
- RB Digital: eBooks, Audiobooks & Magazines
We invite you to visit our website and social media pages on Facebook and Instagram, where we will be posting resources and links to fun interactive ideas for stories and activities at home in the coming days.