The Anacortes School Board plans to publicly interview eight candidates for superintendent this Saturday, Feb. 22 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Anacortes High School library.
The preliminary interviews, which are open to the public, will help the board narrow down the field to three finalists. The board received 22 applications from candidates around the country.
“The board is pleased that we had such a positive response with strong candidates. It was difficult to narrow the list down,” said board president Bobbilyn Hogge. “The high level of interest shows the strength and positive reputation of our district and community.”
The schedule for preliminary interviews on Saturday, Feb. 22 is as follows:
- 8 a.m. - Brian Hanrahan, Principal, Anacortes School District
- 9 a.m. - John Harrison, Executive Director of Schools, Bellevue School District
- 10 a.m. - Dr. Justin Irish, Assistant Superintendent, Edmonds School District
- 11 a.m. - Dr. Jane Pryne, Educational Leadership Consultant, Northshore School District
(Break from noon - 1 p.m.)
- 1 p.m. - Patrick Hegarty, Executive Director of Secondary Education, Mukilteo School District
- 2 p.m. - Dr. Christine Moloney, Chief Academic Officer, Puyallup School District
- 3 p.m. - David Forsythe, Assistant Superintendent, Northwest Educational Service District 189
- 4 p.m.- Dr. Jared Hoadley, Assistant Superintendent, Mead School District
Staff, students, and community members are invited to attend the preliminary interviews. Observers will be asked to provide written feedback. At the conclusion of the preliminary interviews, the board will meet in executive session to determine the three finalists for the position. Those three finalists will tour school district buildings on February 25, 26, and 27, and will hold public forum meetings at 6:30 p.m. each night at the Anacortes High School library.
Public Presentations with top 3 finalists - Anacortes High School Library
- Candidate 1: Tuesday, Feb. 25 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Candidate 2: Wednesday, Feb. 26 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Candidate 3: Thursday, Feb. 27 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
The superintendent oversees the day-to-day operations of the Anacortes School District, including management of its $40 million budget, approximately 400 employees, seven schools, and numerous programs and partnerships. The new superintendent, expected to be announced on February 28, will take over on July 1 from Dr. Mark Wenzel who has accepted a position directing an international school in Singapore after seven years leading Anacortes schools.
More information about the search process can be found on the district website.