Mayor Gere says she will run for re-election in the August 1 primary election.
In a brief news release Friday, Laurie Gere said she is excited to announce her candidacy for Mayor. She is looking forward to the opportunity to continue to serve the people and the vision of Anacortes. Making it an economically diverse and viable, sustainable, environmentally healthy and a safe community.
Under her leadership the city has:
- Developed the 2016 Comprehensive Plan and upcoming Development Regulations and Design Standards
- Rebuilding infrastructure and facilities
- Creation of the Community Task force to support our youth
- Established open transparent government
- Strengthened our quality of life and economic future by installing fiber optics
In the last 4 years her proven track record and dedication to her community is a testament to her continued leadership for Anacortes.
Her website has more.
Filing deadline for candidates for the Mayor's race and for four City Council seats is next Friday, May 19.