Community News

election_2008.gif If you haven’t received your November election ballot, you may have been ruled ineligible to vote. If you want to vote, you’ll need to call or see the County Auditor’s office on Monday, the deadline for registering. 

County Elections supervisor David Cunningham says 4,500 voters have been classified as either inactive or cancelled.

Voters classified as inactive are registered, but will not receive a ballot because a previous ballot mailed by the county was returned as undeliverable. To get a ballot, those voters should call the County Auditor’s Office to get a ballot.

Voters classified as cancelled are people who vailed to vote in the past two presidential elections. Voters who fall into that category must re-register in person at the Auditor’s Office in Mount Vernon in order to vote in this election.

You can get more information by calling the Auditor’s Office at 336-9305 or visiting their office at 700 So. Second St., Room 201, in downtown Mount Vernon. They will be open Monday from 8:30 am to 8 pm.