Celebrate National Library Week with the Anacortes Public Library and the Anacortes community online! The staff at APL miss our patrons and we want to celebrate with you by offering virtual programs, events and more during National Library Week.
Stay tuned to our social media pages and the library website for virtual storytimes with special guests, programs with partners from Friends of Skagit Beaches, Salish Sea School, Anacortes Community Theatre and more fun videos celebrating Earth Day and Shakespeare’s birthday. Check daily on our digital locations for e-resources information, NASA links and more.
Ed. Note: I've been told you can find the events mentioned in this Anacortes Library announcement at the following online locations, but I will attempt to find the direct links:
Schedule of NLW Virtual Events:
Monday, April 20th:
- Virtual Storytime with Miss Ria @ 11:00 am;
- Meet Our Staff @12:30 pm;
- Special Guest Storytime with Parks & Recreation @ 6:00 pm
Tuesday, April 21st
- 11:00 am - Special National Library Week Storytime with Anacortes Police Department
- 6:00 pm - Tuesday Tales Storytime @ 6:00 pm
- 7:00 pm - Fun Facts about Earth Day: 50th anniversary History of Earth Day live presentation by Peter Haas in partnership with Friends of Skagit Beaches. live Zoom
Join Earth Day 7pm Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5959467559; Meeting ID: 595 946 7559.
To join by phone via One tap mobile call one of the lines below:
+16699006833 US (San Jose) or +13462487799 US (Houston); Meeting ID: 595 946 7559
*You can also access this presentation via your ipad Zoom app
Wednesday, April 22nd
- 11:00 am - Virtual Storytime with Miss Leslie @ 11:00 am https://www.facebook.com/AnacortesPublicLibrary
- 7:00 pm - Together We Discover: How to Audition with Morgan White. Local Anacortes Community Theatre actor Morgan White presents tips on auditioning for shows. @ 7:00 pm https://www.facebook.com/AnacortesPublicLibrary
Thursday, April 23rd
- 2:00 pm - Happy Birthday Shakespeare: 5 Reasons one librarian loves Shakespeare @ 2pm
- 6:00 pm - Pajama Storytime at Home @ 6:00 pm
- TBD Special Earth Day message from the Salish Sea School (time TBD)
Friday, April 24th
- 11:00 am - Virtual Storytime with Miss Lisa @ 11:00 am
Tuesday, April 28th
- 7:00 pm - “The Changing Shorelines of Fidalgo Bay – How Settlers & Industry Reshaped the Waterfront from 1880s to Present” live presentation by Betty Carteret in partnership with Friends of Skagit Beaches. live Zoom (link @ www.skagitbeaches.org)
National Library Week (April 19th – 25th) is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation's libraries and library workers and to promote library use and support. From free access to books and online resources for families to library business centers that help support entrepreneurship and retraining, libraries offer opportunity to all.
As the impact of the COVID-19 crisis continues to evolve and change the work of libraries and library workers, libraries are proving resourceful and resilient, serving as a rich pipeline for content, delivering access to ebooks, movies, music, video games, virtual storytimes and activities, and so much more. The NLW theme for 2020 is “Find the library at your place,” highlighting how libraries are offering virtual services and digital content their communities need now more than ever. National Library Week is sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and observed in libraries across the country each April. All types of libraries - school, public, academic and special - participate.